Weekends aren't usually my favorite. Mr. Boss works most Saturdays, so normally we don't do much. Plus, even after almost a month into the new school year, I'm not feeling recovered from summer break, so weekends are mostly hard. This weekend, though? It was pretty spectacular. It was very full and busy and so fun.
I want to tell you about our fun weekend, and I want to do that by sharing what I'm grateful for. Actually, I want to start a new, regular gratitude feature, where I share the things I've been feeling thankful for recently. This idea was inspired by the {gratitude lately} feature on Today's Letters, and kind of goes along with last week's post, as I try to incorporate expressing gratitude in my life a bit more.
I'm so grateful for a sweet friend from church who threw me a baby shower on Saturday. And that my mother in law sneakily surprised me by coming up for it. (Also grateful to her for watching our kiddos Friday night so we could go out for our 10th anniversary. We were only a week late.) ♡
Grateful for temples, that we were able to stop and admire the (tiny) Snowflake, AZ temple on our way to visit my cousin and his family on Sunday. I'm grateful for the time we were able to spend with my cousin. Our kids had so much fun together. ♡
I'm grateful for the time we got to spend as a family on Monday, thanks to the holiday. Mr. Boss wasn't feeling very well, but the fresh air did us all some good. ♡
I'm grateful for the sweet vendor we met at Art in the Park who, after we had moved on, ran over with a little gift for our family. A handmade, wooden "peanut butter" knife. ♡
I'm grateful for the beauty that can be found everywhere, if you just look. (Like the shadows cast on the side of our van as we were loading up to leave the playground). I'm also forever grateful for our van, that made all our adventures this weekend a possibility. ♡
What have you been thankful for lately?
I want to tell you about our fun weekend, and I want to do that by sharing what I'm grateful for. Actually, I want to start a new, regular gratitude feature, where I share the things I've been feeling thankful for recently. This idea was inspired by the {gratitude lately} feature on Today's Letters, and kind of goes along with last week's post, as I try to incorporate expressing gratitude in my life a bit more.
I'm so grateful for a sweet friend from church who threw me a baby shower on Saturday. And that my mother in law sneakily surprised me by coming up for it. (Also grateful to her for watching our kiddos Friday night so we could go out for our 10th anniversary. We were only a week late.) ♡
Grateful for temples, that we were able to stop and admire the (tiny) Snowflake, AZ temple on our way to visit my cousin and his family on Sunday. I'm grateful for the time we were able to spend with my cousin. Our kids had so much fun together. ♡
I'm grateful for the time we got to spend as a family on Monday, thanks to the holiday. Mr. Boss wasn't feeling very well, but the fresh air did us all some good. ♡
I'm grateful for the sweet vendor we met at Art in the Park who, after we had moved on, ran over with a little gift for our family. A handmade, wooden "peanut butter" knife. ♡
I'm grateful for the beauty that can be found everywhere, if you just look. (Like the shadows cast on the side of our van as we were loading up to leave the playground). I'm also forever grateful for our van, that made all our adventures this weekend a possibility. ♡
What have you been thankful for lately?





No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥