August 1st was a frustrating day. We were so close to the first day of school, but still far enough out that I was just feeling the general stress of summer break. As we approached the witching hour, I felt I was at my wits end. So, I did the only thing I could think of to regain my sanity. I piled everyone in the van to go on a photo safari. That way they bosslings would all be stuck in one place, limiting the amount of trouble they could get into, and I could enjoy the stress relief that comes when I pull out my camera and capture tiny, pretty things.
It had been rainy in town that day, so everything looked fresh and rejuvenated. Also, there are mosquitos in town and, after living here for about 15 months, I got my first bites that day. But it was still worth it.
Around 6 we drove over to Mr. Boss, who was getting off work, and I traded cars with him. He took our circus home, took care of dinner and bed, and I got to drive around some more and enjoy peace and quiet and pretty things.
Sometimes, as a mom, you just need an hour or two all to yourself. I didn't know that when I first became a mom, but I have learned quite well in the past couple of years that I really do need opportunities to be by myself, away from the kids and the responsibilities and the chaos. A couple of hours, every now and then, when I can just be me.
![]() |
| Early signs of fall -- always makes me giddy. (I ♡♡♡ autumn.) |
![]() |
| The prettiest mailbox. |
![]() |
| I'm not sure what it is about sunflowers and pine trees, but it's pretty much my favorite. |
What have you done to take care of yourself lately?
















No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥