07 September 2016

38 weeks

I had an appointment today, but things were a little different because, when I got there, there was a birth in progress. To offer that mama privacy, I was taken upstairs for my visit. The little boys got to enjoy a new set of toys while we waited for the midwife I'd be seeing to come up.

Aside from being a different experience, it mostly had me thinking about how that will be me very, very soon.

I remember posting a 38 week photo with bossling5 on instagram, at that time I was feeling extremely nervous about the big day that was quickly approaching. Two weeks later I had my baby in my arms. Two weeks is not a long time.

It's coming fast and I feel so unprepared. I bought some baby laundry detergent today. I installed the car seat a couple of days ago. The house is a wreck, which I'd like to remedy before the big day, and I have to get my bag packed for the birth center, which is a little intimidating. (I mean, it's been nearly 8 years since I last packed a bag in preparation for a birth.) I'm trying to stay calm, to do what I can and hope it's enough. But I'm really hoping this little lady decides to cook a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥