01 May 2013

250 words.

I've just finished getting all of the babies to bed, (little S takes a bit longer to go down,) and Boss is at work, so I am going to do a little something I learned about just today. There is a gal who is hosting a "blog everyday in May" challenge. Now, I know I did this same sort of thing back in February, but this is a little bit different. Mostly just because there are 31 days in May. And also, because she has created some "prompts" to help inspire these daily posts. And I really liked the idea behind today's prompt, to write "the story of your life in 250 words or less". I'm not sure if I want to take the on challenge of daily blogging again, but I'll start here and see where it takes me.

I was born in Utah 26 years, 3 weeks, and 2 days ago. Third child of eight -- one of seven girls. We lived in the same house until I was 13, then moved to another within the same neighborhood. In school I loved english, writing, and art. Had my hair cut short just before junior year, and kept it short from then on. Started working at the chocolate store around the corner near the end of high school. Which is where I met a boy with long, curly hair, shredded jeans, and a leather jacket. After graduation I visited family in Costa Rica. Returned to the chocolate store when I got home. Began dating the aforementioned boy, who had since cut his hair. Fell in love quickly. Got secretly engaged two weeks before I turned 19. Got married five months after that. Shortly after we were married we moved into my childhood home. We started our family right away, C was born 3 months after I turned 20. Moved when he was 6 months old, and then again 8 months after that. E was born 15 months and 10 days after her big brother. Moved again, just before E turned one. Z was born at home about 9 months later. We loved that home and neighborhood, but life happens. Boss decided to go to school which moved us again, this time out of state. Colorado has been our home for nearly 2 years, and is the birth place of baby number 4, also born at home. It's far from perfect, but it's a good life.

And that is my life story in 250 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥