The first day of school has come and gone. Hallelujah, we made it, we survived the summer! (Seriously though, it was rough.) We were all pretty excited about the big day. We spent all of Wednesday sorting through and cleaning laundry, picking out clothes, prepping backpacks. I also decided to do our special back-to-school breakfast on Wednesday morning, so I wouldn't feel rushed trying to get that done on their actual first day. (You know,
like I did last year.)
This year we have a 4th grader, a 2nd grader, and a 1st grader. I didn't want S to feel left out, so I made a couple of special pancakes for him, too. He got a dinosaur, because he's always telling us that he goes “to dinosaur school”. N was just pleased to have “cake” for breakfast.
 |
| Special pancakes for all! |
 |
| Enjoying their back to school breakfast. |
So, Wednesday was a busy day as we tried to get everything ready. Then it was here. The big day, the first day. The bosslings woke up super early, and got ready quickly, they were so excited to go! Poor Z has been dealing with some allergies recently, and woke up with red, puffy eyes. But he wasn't about to let that ruin his day. (I gave him some allergy meds, and by the end of the day the swelling had gone down. Poor guy. Allergies are the worst.)
Because the babes were up and dressed so early, it gave us plenty of time for some pictures. There is such a wonderful, fresh, exciting feeling on the first day, and each child was glowing. Even the little two could feel the excitement and difference of the day. And, just like last year, even though I felt so ready for school to start, so ready for a break from the chaos of having everyone home, it was bitter-sweet. Last year, I teared up as their bus drove away, this year I was feeling it basically all morning that first day. I was so ready, but as crazy as life is with all of these young kids, it was still hard to send them off to school. Life is funny that way, I guess.
 |
| Ready for 1st grade. |
 |
| Yay for 2nd grade! |
 |
| Cool 4th grader. |
 |
| My babies! |
Mr. Boss and I decided beforehand that we would drive the babes to school on their first day, so I could get some more pictures (until I filled up my memory card and forgot my spare, oops) and so we could walk them to their classes. On Friday, we all got dressed and walked them down to the bus stop. The little boys were especially thrilled with that. We got there just a minute or two before the bus pulled up, and before we knew it, it was pulling away, carrying our big kids away.
Last year,
S was really sad about being left behind, but this time he didn't seem to mind so much. We'll see if that changes in the days to come.
 |
| I waited for this day for what felt like forever, so why does it suddenly feel like it came too soon? |
 |
| Holding hands, until I told them I got the picture. They were so good to humor their mother. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥