A little behind...again. And I didn't get a 33 week picture because I didn't go to church last week, due to a sick bossling. You know, because I only get dressed on Sundays. Mostly. I mean, I do get dressed during the week. Sometimes. It's just easier to get it all done on Sunday.
I keep hearing that I'm tiny and really, I feel tiny. But I like it. I mean, I enjoy looking pregnant, but I also appreciate being able to wear my regular clothes. Part of me is hoping it's because this little lady is staying nice and tiny. We'll see if that is the case in a few more weeks.![]() |
| The faces you get when Mr. Boss is the photog... ^^^ |
How far along: 34 weeks.
How big is baby: According to the apps, about 17.5 inches and 4.5 lbs, or about the size of a cantaloupe.
Total weight gain/loss: About 15 lbs.
Measurements & position: At 33.5 weeks I measured at 32 cm. Baby girl was kind of hiding as the midwife tried to check her position. We're pretty confident she's in the basic head-down position, just not solidly engaged in my pelvis yet.We'll check again at my 35 week appointment and hope she's in a slightly better position.
Maternity clothes: Still nope, all my regular clothes are still working for me. I can't really go out and buy new clothes right now, anyway, and I don't have any of my maternity stuff from previous pregnancies, so I'm just making do with what I have.
Sleep: Still sleeping great. I only have to get up to pee at night if I was drinking a lot of water before bed, but usually I'm good for the night. Still waking up early, which I'm really enjoying, aside from not feeling safe to take a nap. But with kids back in school, I might be able to put on a show for the little two and catch some shut eye during the day.
Best moment recently: A friend from church is throwing a shower for me in a couple of weeks, which I'm really excited about. And it makes me feel really special.
Because of that, I ended up starting a registry, and I feel like I'm maybe a little out of control. So many cute things, and I want all of them! I tried to be realistic, for the most part, in the things that I actually added to the list. Meanwhile, my daydreaming is not being held to the same standard.
Movement: Lots of regular movement. Lots of big, heavy rolls and thumps. Not quite sure what she's doing in there. It's all good though, except sometimes the really big, heavy movements set off my anxiety about giving birth. Good times.
Food cravings: Not really anything specific. But I find if I've been to indulgent with the sweets that I really need something savory to counter-act the sugar.
Food Aversions: Not really? I normally have a huge love for pasta, like I've always said I could eat it every day and be happy... But I feel like I'm on a hiatus from my love affair with pasta. I guess you really can have too much of a good thing.
Gender: Girl.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks are definitely happening. N has been insisting on nursing lately, and every time it sets off those dang BH contractions. But it's giving me lots of opportunity to practice my breathing and work through my anxiety issues when they're, on occasion, triggered.
Pregnancy Symptoms: Occasional swelling - on the hotter days, occasional heartburn, itchy belly - though not as bad as it was a few weeks ago, for which I am grateful.
Belly Button in or out: In, but stretching. I expect it will be flat soon.
What I miss: I can't fit through tight spaces like I used to. It's mildly inconvenient at times. And pathetically hilarious when I try squeezing someplace, anyway.
What I am looking forward to: Naps while the big kids are at school.
Upcoming appointments/events: After my next appointment (on the 15th), I go to weekly visits. This is going by so quickly!
Milestones: I can officially say this baby will be here next month. Yikes!






No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥