Another birthday come and gone. We had a great time celebrating our new nine year old. The day started out running smoothly. I got started on the pancakes earlier than on Z's birthday, so there was a lot less whining before breakfast was served.
After breakfast was over and cleaned up, I started on the cake decorating, all the while feeling a sort of déjà vu... wasn't I just doing this? Of course, little N was right there to help take care of the leftover frosting. He's so thoughtful.
This was the third time I made the ant cupcakes for my boy, this time was a little different though, because I also made a small cake with an ant hill on top. I love making fun cakes for these monkeys.
We sang to him before dinner, because it was still light, but it was so windy, the dang candle wouldn't stay lit. It was a little bit frustrating and a little bit funny. We finally managed to get a flame to stay long enough for him to have a chance to blow it out. Good times.
The next morning, C got to take a walk to the mailbox where, sure enough, there was a card waiting for him. There will always be something so magical about getting a package or letter in the mail, especially when those special deliveries contain a little bit of birthday money.
Nine years. Still can't quite wrap my mind around that one.















No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥