07 June 2016

C's baptism

The kids have been out of school for about a week and a half now, and I intend to share a bit about their last week of school, the activities and awards and such. But today I want to rewind a bit. To early December.

Our oldest, C, turned 8 in July, and with that came the inevitable question: when will he be baptized. Mr. Boss was working with church leaders to prepare to receive the priesthood, but it hadn't happened yet, and he was really hoping to be the one to baptize our boy. Mr. Boss received the priesthood at the end of September, then came deciding the date for our boy to be baptized.

I had been baptized in early December, though I was mistaken about the day, I thought that the first Saturday of December was my baptismal anniversary, and as I explained that to C, he said that was when he wanted to be baptized. So, plans were made for December 5th. It was only a couple of days before that I discovered I had been wrong about my own baptismal anniversary, and our days wouldn't be the same after all. We were all kind of bummed, but it was still close enough that it felt pretty cool.

The big day finally arrived, we had a good bunch of family that was able to come out for C's special day, as well as some friends from here in AZ.
It was an interesting moment, seeing my husband and son standing in the font together. It was a moment I wasn't sure would happen. Because Mr. Boss wasn't a member when we got married, and had been so against my decision to return to church after I'd spent a couple of years away.. I had hoped for a long time that he would join the church, but didn't know if or when it would actually happen. I wondered many times what would happen when our children began to reach the age of 8. Would he let someone else baptize them, or would he refuse to allow it? To see them in that font together, and only 5 months after our boy had turned 8, was a miracle.
And then there are just all of the feelings a mother feels as she watches her oldest child step into that font to be baptized. It's not something I know how to explain.

After he was baptized, C was confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost by Stanpa (Boss's step-dad).
He was so excited to receive a set of scriptures with his name printed on them. Thanks, Grandma Julie!
It was a gorgeous December day, no snow, no need for coats as we played outside the church for a bit and got a few pictures. Then we came back home and got to hang out with our visiting family some more. 
A gift from Grandma Rosie!
It was a really wonderful, awesome, special day.  

1 comment:

  1. Chrissy I am so happy for you and your family. I absolutely miss seeing you and your amazing family. I wish were more members had your incredible faith.

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥