Thick grey clouds have colored the sky for most of the day. It's the sort of day that would normally leave me feeling a bit gloomy, but not today. Because when those great grey clouds released their moisture it was in the form of rain, not snow! Oh, glorious day! Not only that, but I'm finally seeing some sure signs of spring. The most cheerful being the forsythia bush around the corner, the one I told you about, with the blossoms that had shriveled up. It has sprung back to life, and little yellow blossoms are popping open all over it:
Today's prompt is a piece of advice you have for others. At first I was thinking that I could share some tips on what has worked for me as a mother. But I decided against that, because something better popped into my head.
Do what works best for you. I could go on and on about the things that have worked for me, as a mother, but also in other areas of life. Preparing speeches, writing papers, appreciating nature, blah, blah, blah. All that I could say isn't really any good. Just because something works for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. Just because something comes easily to me, doesn't mean it will to you. So, follow your heart, figure out what works for you and do it, and don't let anybody make you feel guilty or stupid, because they only know what works for them (and their children). Only you can know what is best for you (and your children).
Also: smile more.

No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥