On Wednesday, I was thinking that it felt like the last month went by pretty slowly, to the point where I almost thought I'd forgotten to do 7 month pictures. But I did, so I guess that means the last month was just slow. That was nice. But now my baby boy is eight months old. No kidding.
At eight months, S still weighs and measures the same as last month.
Also, mobility has begun. Although, at this point it still seems to be mostly unintentional. When on his tummy, he reaches for things, but usually ends up scooting backwards and away from what he wants. He's also been rolling a bit, but he doesn't seem to have caught on to how this can get him anywhere.
He still has just the two little bottom teeth, but his top gums are swollen and I'm keeping a daily look out, and trying to guess which one is going to pop out first. I'm thinking he'll end up being a vampire baby for a little bit, like all the others were, because that's where his gums seem most swollen.
He has been pretty clingy for the past week or two. He doesn't like to be set down, he'll fall asleep in my arms while nursing, but when I try to lay him down he wakes right up and yells at me. It's been a bit stressful, but I'm trying not to let it bother me too much, because how much longer will he be so insistent on cuddling?
I'm still the favorite, but he sure does love being with his daddy, too.
I tried feeding him some rice cereal a few times, but he doesn't seem to understand the concept. He eyes the spoon, but seals his lips. The best is when I finally get a bite into his mouth and he spits it right out, because he thinks the best time to blow raspberries is when his mouth is full of mush.
He's still charming as ever, but has begun to be a bit more wary of unfamiliar faces. His admirers from church have had to work just a little harder to get him to smile at them.
He's been sleeping in his bed most nights, but has been waking up around 3 and 4 am lately. My guess is it has something to do with swollen gums, but I could be wrong.
This little monkey has my heart. Even when he gives me a hard time, he is a dream. But seriously, eight months? That came fast.
At eight months, S still weighs and measures the same as last month.
Also, mobility has begun. Although, at this point it still seems to be mostly unintentional. When on his tummy, he reaches for things, but usually ends up scooting backwards and away from what he wants. He's also been rolling a bit, but he doesn't seem to have caught on to how this can get him anywhere.
He still has just the two little bottom teeth, but his top gums are swollen and I'm keeping a daily look out, and trying to guess which one is going to pop out first. I'm thinking he'll end up being a vampire baby for a little bit, like all the others were, because that's where his gums seem most swollen.
He has been pretty clingy for the past week or two. He doesn't like to be set down, he'll fall asleep in my arms while nursing, but when I try to lay him down he wakes right up and yells at me. It's been a bit stressful, but I'm trying not to let it bother me too much, because how much longer will he be so insistent on cuddling?
I'm still the favorite, but he sure does love being with his daddy, too.
I tried feeding him some rice cereal a few times, but he doesn't seem to understand the concept. He eyes the spoon, but seals his lips. The best is when I finally get a bite into his mouth and he spits it right out, because he thinks the best time to blow raspberries is when his mouth is full of mush.
He's still charming as ever, but has begun to be a bit more wary of unfamiliar faces. His admirers from church have had to work just a little harder to get him to smile at them.
He's been sleeping in his bed most nights, but has been waking up around 3 and 4 am lately. My guess is it has something to do with swollen gums, but I could be wrong.
This little monkey has my heart. Even when he gives me a hard time, he is a dream. But seriously, eight months? That came fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥