11 May 2013

this is me.

Well, I skipped yesterday's prompt -- an embarrassing moment -- and posted about S instead. I'll have to do that one another time, if ever I remember a juicy one. Today's challenge was to sell yourself in 10 words or less. I gathered that it meant something like sharing 10 words that describe me positively. So, I got to thinking, how would I describe myself? And then I wondered how others would describe me. I sent out some texts asking a few of the people who know me best how they would describe me in just 10 words. These are their responses:
From my younger sister, G: motherly, beautiful, amazing, loving, quirky, artistic, faithful, fun, silly, geeky
From my older sister, S: You're my younger sister but you married an older man.
From my mother-in-law: artistic, talented, loyal, sister, wife, mother who desires to succeed
From my mother: pretty, smart, happy, kind, talented artist, nurturing, frazzled, sweet, lovable
From Mr. Boss: voluptuous, cantankerous ("oh wait," he says, "that's me, isn't it?"), apprehensive....
(Then he decided against trying to come up with another eight words, and sent this instead:)
Loved by four wonderful children and one very happy nerd.
From my younger sister, S: artistic, creative, loving, strong-willed, intelligent, decisive, assertive, unique, eccentric, and persevering
From my sister-in-law, A: undeniably strange with a hint of goofy charisma and charm

It was fun reading each of those messages, and seeing which descriptions were repeated, (beautiful/pretty, loving/lovable/loved, artistic, talented, smart/intelligent). I think it's interesting to learn what others think of you, and I enjoyed reading what some of the most important people in my life had to say about me. I was also curious as to how their responses would compare to the way that I've described myself. There are a few new ones, and a few similarities and repeats.
This is how I describe myself: quiet. messy. dreamer. writer. creative. chocoholic. mother. believer. teacher. awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥