17 August 2012

thoughts

Mr. Boss and C are gone tonight. Their first father-and-son camp-out. My plan was to clean up a bit after I got E and Z to bed, but instead I'm here.
I sat down in front of the computer to put on some music that would help me get to work. But after I got the music started I didn't get up. I've just been sitting here, reading blogs and wasting time. And then I looked up at the pictures on my wall. A couple of wedding photos, a picture from 30 Strangers, and other pictures of the children. And I couldn't help but smile, and marvel at where Boss and I are (just shy of) 6 years later. From a couple of crazy kids who couldn't imagine life without each other, to becoming young parents and all of the adventures that have come from that. And now we're so near to the day that we'll welcome our fourth child into our family, and I can hardly believe it. Six years, in a week. What an adventure it has been.

August 2006

January 2011 (this is one on my wall)

August 7, 2012
It makes me happy. Life is not exactly how I had imagined it would be. (Heck, I didn't think I'd be married before the age of 25, just didn't think it would happen so soon.) But I wouldn't change a single thing. Looking up at the pictures on my wall, looking at those clueless kids in their fancy clothes, with no idea of what was in store for them. Looking up at the picture of me with 6-month-old E, I'd only just turned 22. Looking up at the picture of my 3 babies, in the house that I miss terribly, I can hardly believe how small they are. Each picture fills me with a joy that cannot be explained or described. All I can say is, I am so happy with my messy, imperfect life. Because it's perfect for me.

It's beautiful in it's own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥