I had taken a notebook with every intention of taking notes, but I completely forgot about my paper. I did remember one thing she mentioned, a scripture reference, so I was able to look it up once I got home. It was Doctrine & Covenants 84:88, which reads:
I will be on your right hand and on your left,
and my Spirit shall be in your hearts,
and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
I love how she broke the verse up, emphasizing each line.
"I will go before you..." He has gone before you, paved the way, set the example, traveled your course before you, he knows what is ahead, so He is able to guide and assist you.
"I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts..." Not only does he go before you, but comes back to travel at your side, as your constant companion.
"And mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Not only do you have divine companionship, but you also have angels round about you. The angels are not always heavenly hosts, but many times are your fellow (wo)man. We are angels to each other.
I sat in my seat, soaking this all in, realizing that I should never have to be alone, I always have this divine companionship available to me, and angels round about me! And this great blessing is available to every person as long as they are accepting of the aid and companionship. What an amazing gift!


No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥