Usually I wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put up my tree, but there was something in the air yesterday. I couldn't help it. I had energy, I had time, why not?
But, before I show you my tree, I have to show these lovely personalized ornaments. (From Cori's and my first Christmas, to family ornaments, and the kids' first Christmases. Fun fact: I ordered this years ornament back in July. Yeah, I've been ready for Christmas for a while.) I don't like to put them on the tree, though, because you can't really see them. Instead I hung them up over the fireplace and, while this picture doesn't quite do it justice, my mantle looks awesome.
Then there's the tree. A 6' pre-lit beauty. This is the 4th Christmas that I'll have her for. Now, before anybody gives me trouble for using a fake, I'm going to explain why I do it.
1. I married a Scrooge who hates all holidays, especially Christmas. This means I'm not getting any help from him and that means I need to do what is easiest and most inexpensive. If I use the same tree and ornaments every year, Scrooge has one less reason to freak out at me.
2. Until Scrooge quits being a turd I will be on my own in the tree and decorating departments. If, by some miracle, my Grinch's heart grows 3 sizes and he decides he wants to celebrate, and with a real tree, we'll do it.
'Til then: leave pregnant lady alone.
above: tree with garland, before balls.
below: tree after balls.
above: tree and mantle
below: lovely tree. (Love that it looks the same as last year. Love how it looks!)
And a quick shot from outside. I'm so excited to have my tree up!
Now I need some stockings and stocking holders for the mantle. But first, I need to make some chocolatey, puddingy pies for tomorrow!







No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥