Homework 1.3
blog about a book you've read over and over
Today has been kind of busy. I had my niece over, and a list of chores that still needs to be taken care of.
I got the dishes done, then dirtied some more to make lunch.
I was supposed to make a grocery list, but wanted to make a meal plan first.
I set up to do my meal plan and, instead, got caught up attempting to organize my recipes.
All I've really wanted was some time to sit and read a book.
It's been a while since I last picked up one of my forever-favorites, The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton. Now that the house is quiet I took a minute to pull it off the shelf and crack it open. How I've missed this book!
I don't like it because I relate to it, I like it because it's an interesting story. When I read this book I find myself wishing I could dive in and join the plot. That's not to say I want to live like Pony Boy and his fellow greasers, it's more that I want to help resolve the conflict. And, yes, I've had character crushes on a few different characters over the years (Soda Pop, Pony Boy, Johnnycake). In fact, I'm pretty sure I married a greaser. (Disclaimer: Mr. Boss has never been a part of any sort of gang. But he is greasy, and some of the characters in the book remind me of him from time to time.)
The Outsiders is just one of those books that I'll always love. It's a classic that never gets old.
Other books I have enjoyed reading again and again?
-the Harry Potter series (although I've read the first 3 so many times that I don't know when I'll pick one up again)
-Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
-Spilling Open (the art of becoming yourself) by Sabrina Ward Harrison
-and, even though I've only read it once so far, I'd like to add The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright, to this list. If you haven't read it yet it comes highly recommended.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥