01 September 2009

beautiful Sunday

Sunday was such a lovely day. I woke up for the first time in my new house, having had a very restful and quiet night. I got out of bed and began getting ready for church. I felt sad because it was my last day in that ward, and I'd loved it so very much. We (the kids and me) left the house at about 20 to 9. It was the earliest I'd ever gotten out the door since church had moved to 9 am. We made a quick stop at the apartment so I could pick up my Sunday papers, (because I hadn't had the address changed over yet.)
I sat in nursery with Conrad and Ellie for the first two hours. I had hoped I could have made it to my own class, but it was not to be. Nursery was fun, though. I talked with another mom whose daughter is not much older than Ellie, but already walking. She lives in the apartments I just moved out of, so we had fun sharing horror stories about the crappy management and maintenance.
Sacrament meeting was enlightening. Does that happen very often? When you feel all warm and tingly during the meeting. There was a woman who got up after the first two speakers. She sang I know that my Redeemer lives. Her voice wasn't necessarily perfect, but she was much better than I. (As I am not good at all.) It was beautiful. As she sang I listened to the words and felt light and tingly all over.
When she got to the line "He lives! To silence all my fears," she began to falter, and found it difficult to sing "He lives! To wipe away my tears." At that point I became emotional as well. I was already touched by the music, but those lines hit me, as did the next ones, "He lives! To calm my troubled heart," I spent the rest of the number trying to compose myself, I was overwhelmed by the Spirit.
I know He lives.

After church I stuck around for a moment to talk to some friends, and then we returned to our new home.
Our house.
While Conrad napped Mr. Boss and I took Ellie outside. I set her in the middle of our yard, she looked so tiny. Our yard isn't huge, but it's a good size, and seeing our little girl hanging out, all tiny in the grass was such a happy moment for us. We are so blessed.
Loving daddy, Mr. Boss sharing kisses with his baby girl.
Tiny lady on the well kept lawn
Mr. Boss helps his little girl to stand and walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥