29 August 2009

au naturale

A week ago I had the delightful pleasure of trying, for the first time, some of the tasty food offered at au naturale a "new and modern" fast food joint in the Sugarhouse area.
True to their name, they offer a more natural (and more tasty) dining selection. They don't fry anything, it's all baked and fresh.
Their prices are a bit steeper than what you might find at your standard fast food restaurants, but you're paying for a healthy, higher quality food. I could tell as soon as I looked at the pictures on the menu that the cost didn't matter to me. There were only pictures of a few of the dishes, but the ones they had looked absolutely scrumptious.
I first heard about this restaurant when it was featured on Channel 2's morning news.
They caught my eye with a delicious caprese salad (I'm a sucker for the tomato-mozzarella-basil combo), which they dress with a blackberry vinaigrette. Yum! I had wanted to try it immediately, but at the time a was already pregnantly overdue, so I resigned myself to waiting until after my baby arrived to try it. It took nearly a year, but my wish was finally granted in the form of the salad I'd been dreaming of. It was better than I could have hoped.
As I said, though, their photographed menu items looked fantastic, and I couldn't help myself. I ordered one of their burgers to go with my salad.
It was so tasty, but I only ate half of it. I had to leave enough room in my tummy for the salad of my dreams.
And Mr. Boss appreciates my leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥