School is starting soon, hooray!! Honestly, I'm totally stoked. It's been a rough summer without a car, and I think we're all feeling stir-crazy and ready for some structure and routine!
I've been thinking about it all and realized that I haven't been grateful for the things that were great about this summer. Thing is, I'm super great at wallowing in self-pity, and not always the best at being grateful when things are hard. But this summer hasn't been a total bust, even if it didn't look how I'd initially envisioned. I noticed I started feeling really bummed about it after reading another person's blog post about how great their summer has been. I let their good times get me down. I've been thinking about it more today, and spent some time looking through some photos from our summer, and am feeling a lot better about it than I was. I shared a bit about my new perspective on ig today.
I'm still stoked for school to start, though. Ha.
I'm still stoked for school to start, though. Ha.
We're finally in the process of car shopping, which is not the most fun, but I am grateful that we can finally start on the road to finding a new family vehicle. Although I kind of dread this part, I'm also hopeful that we'll find a van that fits our ever-growing family, is in good condition and doesn't totally break the bank. Prayers/good thoughts are appreciated.
And we've sort-of started on back to school shopping, but we have to do it in waves, ha. Over the weekend I took our soon-to-be kindergartener to get some new shoes for school. (Just don't get me started on how I feel about my 4th babe going into kinder.) The one I think all the bosslings are most excited for, though, is backpack shopping. I'm kind of excited to see what each of them choose, I think a lot of their personality shines through when they choose their pack, and it's fun to see.
Are you excited or bummed that summer is nearly (or already - I'm looking at you, AZ) over??
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥