I pulled out my personal journal for the first time in over a year this afternoon. That means the last time I wrote in it, we were still living in Arizona, and honestly, didn't even know yet that we would be moving soon, nevermind all of the things that have happened in the year since. I've been wanting to get back into regular writing for a while now, I just kept pushing it off, meanwhile, time just keeps trucking along, whether I like it or not. It makes me want to be better at writing in my personal journal because having a physical record and notes of the passing of time makes it feel a bit less severe or shocking.
Speaking of severe and shocking, this is the last week of school for my older kids. I only have to hassle them to get out of bed and out the door for 4 more days. Which, in some ways, feels magical (goodbye, invasive early alarms!), and in others, terrifying. 12 weeks with all the kids home with me every day... (Maybe those invasive alarms aren't so bad after all...?)
The truth is, I've been working on a plan to maintain sanity, a list of activities and outings to break up the dog days of summer. I did something similar last year, and I felt like it made a huge difference. I need to finish putting this year's plan in order, but it's on its way, so I'm not feeling as apprehensive about going into summer break as I let on.
Anyway, I've been feeling the pull to get back to writing and sharing here, so I'm going to try and be better about that, too. Now for a little photo dump of things that have happened recently.
 |
| At a wedding reception, early May. |
 |
| Look how big everyone is getting! |
 |
| Yard hangs. And somebody got glasses... |
 |
| Bosslings 2 & 3 earned an award from school! |
 |
| Sisters, including the best little scowler. |
 |
| E and her friend, K. Baby H being silly. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥