I know I kind of disappeared last week. I wanted to get some posts up, but between a bunch of appointments and other busy-ness (as well as feeling exhausted), it just never happened. Trying to change that this week. First things first, here's a little recap of the most recent bossling birthday.
| Oh, how I love his perfect little face! |
We stretched our newest 4 year old's special day into three, which he didn't seem to mind. He's so awesome.
On his birthday, as per tradition, I made him a special number 4 pancake, even though he first said he just wanted cereal. Once he saw the pancakes cooking, he got so excited. "Is dat my four pancake?!" Cutest.
I wrestled with his cake throughout the day, I had to keep walking away because I would get frustrated with it, plus I would just get tired. It was getting late and dark by the time I finally finished it, so I decided that we needed to wait until the next day to do the whole song-and-cake bit. I think he was a bit bummed at first, but it also gave him something to look forward to.
Originally, he'd asked for a light saber cake, and I'd been brainstorming how I could do that for quite a while, but was feeling stumped. I was pretty relieved when he said he'd like an R2-D2 cake instead, it just seemed like a more straight-forward idea to me.
I really love making special cakes for my babies. They stress me out, and I struggle with perfectionism, but even when I feel like I've totally botched their cakes, they are always so excited by them, which is all that really matters, right?
It was a couple of days later that he got some special birthday mail from his Grandma Rosie. As he was examining and naming the animals on the front, a $5 bill fell into his lap. He set it aside for a moment to look inside. I love the face he's making as he's looking at the open card. Is it because he can't read, or because grandma got confused and thought he was only 3 this year? Ha ha. Oh well, between her thinking he was 3 and sending a fiver, it all evened out. ;)
| The cake. Perfectly imperfect. |
Happy birthday, my special Cupcake!
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥