24 August 2016

36 weeks

This week has been a doozy so far. The big kids were welcomed back to the school day grind by coming down with colds. Even though they were feeling crummy, I sent them on the bus on Monday morning. Not long after, we got a call from the nurse that our oldest had puked on the bus. Not from nausea, but because he was having trouble breathing - wheezing with low oxygen levels - super fun. We picked him up and I got him to the doctor where he was given a breathing treatment. We were then sent home with a nebulizer, a steroid, and an inhaler to keep at the school as a precaution. We were also asked to come back the next day, to check his progress.

By the next day he had improved, but the doc suggested he stay home again. When we got home I feel asleep on the couch. I woke up with a sore throat that I thought was just because I was thirsty, but was really the beginning of my own cold.

After a miserable night I sent all my big kids to school this morning and made myself get ready for my appointment with the midwives. I was mostly doing okay, a bit of congestion and discomfort, but I pushed through it. I was doing okay until after my appointment, and things have just been downhill from there. I mean, the little boys fell asleep on the way home, so we all got some nap time (yay!), but I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a bulldozer and the evening has proceeded in kind.

Now I'm laying in bed and hoping I get some really restorative rest tonight, because today was really rough and I don't want to feel so miserable anymore.
Pregnancy-wise, things are going well. As I said above, I met with the midwives today. Everything is looking good, I'm measuring right on at 36cm, blood pressure is good, heartbeat sounded great (I really love that part).

I've started to notice some stiffness and discomfort in my hips when I wake up in the morning. It's pretty standard for me at this point in pregnancy, as things start to really loosen up in preparation for the big day. Mostly it just reminds me that I need to be stretching more, and maybe start putting a pillow between my legs when I sleep. 

It feels weird that I'm so close to the end. Sometimes I feel really excited to cuddle a tiny baby (like when I look through baby pictures of the bigger bosslings), a lot of the time I just don't feel ready. Six kids. I'm 29 years old and I'm about to have my sixth baby. What? Ha. I know it'll all be fine, but right now it just feels... crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥