09 July 2015

winners

The results are in. (Think it took me long enough?)
But, before that, I've got to tell you a funny little story.
Remember how Conrad said the new baby would be a sister? Well, I believed him, because I think the young ones just know those sorts of things. And several other people believed him, too. But he tricked us all.
Because my laboring and birthing was happening around the time that the kids wake up, we asked Mr. Boss's mom to come and take them for the day. (I was worried that they would get scared if they saw/heard me during my laboring. Also, we wanted to be able to rest after our baby arrived, without the need to meet the demands of the older kids.) They left about 30 minutes before Zeke arrived.
Later, Mr. Boss was talking with his mom, and she told him something very interesting. On their way to her house, Gramma asked Conrad (one last time) if "Porcupine" was a brother or a sister. I'm sure she was expecting he'd say sister, like he always did. Except he didn't. "Porcupine is a brother." he told her, matter-of-factly. (Their little q & a was about 15-20 minutes before our new baby boy was born.)
Now.
Here are the winners of the big
gender/weight/birthday guessing game:

Because nobody guessed the exact weight or date,
winnings go to the closest guess.


Birthday:
Kalen, who guessed June 16th
Honorable mention: Sarah, who guessed June 17th.

Weight:
Gabby, who guessed 9 lbs
Honorable mention: Kalen and my mom, who both guessed 8 lbs 5 oz.

Gender:
Rachael, Chloe, Alexa, Kalen, poopstane1, Brandi W., Sarah B. and Alicia K., who all correctly guessed: boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥