21 July 2015

one year old tomorrow

There are only a few hours left before my baby is officially a year old. I know this will be the fifth time I'll have a one year old, but it feels as bitter-sweet as ever. He is so gloriously fun, delightful, charming. But as one who is as in love with itty-bitty fresh-from-heaven babies as I am, it's hard to say good-bye to the first year; the fresh little bundle, the wrinkly feet, tiny fingers and toes, fuzzy hair, slowly growing, first smiles, first giggles, the cuddles (oh, the cuddles!)... I've loved every minute of watching this sweet boy grow over the last year. And I curse the speedy passage of time. Mostly, I'm grateful to call this special boy mine, to be his very first love. 
Happy Birthday, my sweet, juicy little Raspberry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥