So, I guess I really am going for this "blogging everyday" thing. Day three is all about "things that make you uncomfortable". There are many things that make me uncomfortable. Here are a lot of them:
Talking on the phone, or worse – having to leave a message. That's when I become super awkward rambler. Unless I had prepared myself to leave a message and know what I want to say. But that usually doesn't happen.
Going to an event where I only know a couple of people, or nobody at all. I had a full on panic attack once because I attended an event like this. There were lots of people there, and I knew a few, but couldn't find any of them. I was quick to leave that one.
Witnessing others disciplining their child(ren), or when I have to discipline mine in public.
Someone talking or trying to talk to me while they, or I, are using the toilet.
When someone does something that I would be super embarrased to do, even if they aren't the least bit embarrased by what they are doing. If it is something that I'd be uneasy doing, then I automatically feel uneasy for their sake. This even goes for things I see in movies or on television. Like in the movie Juno, when her friend uses the term “honest to blog?” I can't help but cringe. Because I'm super weird like that.
Tripping in public. Like on my birthday when I tripped while bowling and fell on the slippery lane. In front of a bunch of Boss's school chums. That was cool.
Spiders. *involutary shudder*
People sitting behind me. I can't sit in the front row at church, and I have to be facing most of the room when I'm eating out, because I just feel weird when I know there are people behind me and I can't see them.
When I unintentionally cut someone off in traffic, and I know they're mad at me. Followed by me apologizing profusely to them, even though they will never hear me doing so.
When creepy people park their cars across the street from my house and do nasty and/or illegal things.
Pants. Pants make me very uncomfortable, so I'm usually in a skirt. (Which is another reason why this never-ending winter has been driving me crazy.) If I have to go out when it's cold, I feel that I have to wear pants, and I. hate. pants.
Being late. Of course, that discomfort doesn't stop me from being late from time to time, but I can't help but feel stressed out when running late, and super awkward when I walk into a meeting or some other event after it's started.
Eating in front of people. I love my big sis, but I'm going to blame her for this one. She used to always make comments on the way that I eat, and it led me to be super self-concious about my eating habits, so I can't help but feel nervous and embarrased when eating around others, for fear that they are going to find my eating habits annoying or disgusting or what have you.
Talking in front of people. When I've had to speak at church I get super nervous, but I usually do a pretty good job – only because I have papers to read from, instead of trying to come up with things off the top of my head. But I recently taught a lesson at church, and had a panic attack before the meeting had started because I was so nervous. And I felt like I was just awkward the whole time I was in front of that class. (I am so glad that is done and over with!)
When a random guy starts trying to chat me up at a random location, like a thrift store. Which totally happened to me. Can't remember for sure, but I think I was pregnant at the time, and if not, my wedding ring was definitely visible. I always give a fake name in these situations, which aren't frequent, but have happened from time to time.
I've always gotten uncomfortable with men giving me attention, but it's especially awkward now that I'm married and have children.
When I think someone is talking to/waving at me, but they're actually talking to/waving at someone else. Or when I'm talking to someone on the phone and they're having a side conversation and I think they're speaking to me and begin to respond. (Which is one of the reasons why I find phone calls to be a bit awkward.)
Public restrooms. I can wait until I get home, thankyouverymuch.

the first one in your list is definitely an uncomfortable one for me too.. I just cut the call. I never leave a message :)
ReplyDelete