We went to Target last night. Just to meander and browse. It's fun for the whole family! We ended up buying a couple of movies, which took us to the check-out. The little ones were a bit feisty at that point, so Boss took them out to the van, and I stayed to pay for our stuff. The checker asked how I was doing (fine, thanks. And you?) He told me how they had been so busy, but that it was normal to be busy before a big storm. I stopped him right there. There's a storm coming? What? And then I learned from the Target checker of a winter storm that was supposed to blow in and drop some serious snow on us. At that point, I had to be completely honest with the man. "You just ruined my night," I told him.
The weather yesterday was pretty mild. It was a nice day. But sure enough, by about 10 o'clock, the snow had begun to fall. I told Boss that, depending on what the morning looked like, I might not even bother trying to go to church.
The snow fell all night and into the morning. Still, I was debating. To church, or not to church? I wanted Boss to make the decision for me, but he wouldn't get out of bed. Then my phone rang. Actually we got several phone calls and texts over the next half hour. "Hey Sister Boss, just want to let you know that church has been cancelled for today." There was probably only, maybe, 4 inches of snow at that point, but it wasn't going to stop anytime soon. Add to that the wind and I was feeling really good that I didn't have to leave the house.
Because we didn't have to rush to get everyone ready, we decided to have a special breakfast. Apple pancakes, ham steaks, and eggs. (We didn't have any fresh apples on hand for the pancakes, so I used applesauce instead.)
The day was spent hanging out, keeping warm. And I whined about how much I hate snow. I am seriously all for settling somewhere that never gets snow. The trouble is, I'm not a fan of debilitating heat either, so... California it is! (I wish.) I hated today's snowstorm all the way up until I was taking pictures of the overcast sky for today's photo challenge picture. I uploaded the pictures to my computer and as I was looking through then I discovered something.
.jpg)
I had captured snowflakes. Several pictures of one of a kind snowflakes. I got really excited about it and Mr. Boss continued to think that I'm the weirdest person he's ever met. (But he's weird, too, so it all works out.)
The day is now done, the snow has finally stopped falling, and I'm back to loathing the snow. Tonight, C prayed at bedtime "that the storm will go away, and that we will have sunny days again." I hope his little prayer is answered soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥