It's a funny thing, my mind. I've had this post up in draft all day today, the pictures were uploaded around 10 am, but the page has sat here because I couldn't think of what I could write about. I swear I had a million ideas for posts rolling around in my head yesterday, but I can't actually be sure of that because I didn't write any of them down.
I haven't had reason to for a while, but there have been a few times when I've needed to run to the store for one thing. So, I've left the children in the car -- with the doors locked -- while I ran into the store to get what I needed. I always feel nervous when I do this, but sometimes it is just so much easier and faster to leave them in their seats for five minutes while I quickly run my errand. I've done this at the post office, too. For the record, I have never done this on super-hot summer days, or freezing winter days. Only on days when the cars temperature would stay pleasant. Have you ever done this?
I am really excited that there are only 3 days left in the month of February. I'm ready for spring. Plus, it puts me that much closer to my birthday -- 6 weeks from today! I just can't believe I'm turning 26. What?
I am obsessed with babies. I love babies. I love my baby. Oh my goodness, he is so cute, and I die every time I look at him. He's been enjoying his jumparoo, and I have been enjoying the freedom that it gives me -- I can cuddle my other babies or get work done without my little monkey screeching for my attention! He just bounces contentedly, which kills me again, because watching him bounce is freaking adorable. By the way, that onesie he's wearing is a size 9 month. Where did my tiny boy go? Maybe this big one ate him.
Baby boy doesn't have any teeth yet. It makes me really happy. See, he's a biter, and teeth would just make that situation worse than it already is, and it's already pretty unpleasant. E got her first tooth 2 weeks before she turned 6 months. Z got his first teeth and the tender age of 4 months and 9 days. I'm hoping S follows in C's footsteps. C didn't get his first tooth until he was 9 and a half months old. I can handle that. Heck, it would be awesome if S didn't get teeth for even longer than that! But with the way he's been biting, I fear that teeth are closer than I'd like.
I've left the kids in the car plenty of times. I'm not going to get everyone out of their seats just so I can run back into the apartment for something. Having only 1 vehicle, I don't have to leave the kids in the car when we run errands because Daddy's with them or I make the trip alone, but to just run in the house?... Nope, they can stay in the van. I also do something others may consider horrible... I don't always bring the boys to the bus stop to drop off or pick up my daughter, especially on snowy days. I'm never gone longer than 3 minutes or so, and it's just not worth it to bundle everyone up to cross the parking lot. That, and I don't like spending every second of that time yelling at the boys to stop jumping in puddles or going near the street...
ReplyDelete