
Today I cleaned the kitchen. First I cleaned the stove. Later, Mr. Boss helped me remove the table and chairs. The plan was to sweep and mop. A fairly quick and easy task. But something came over me, and suddenly I was doing the thing that Mr. Boss has been begging me to do for months. I organized our "pantry". (I say "pantry" because it's just a big shelf in the corner of the kitchen where we store our food, and not an actual closet pantry...)
Now, when I say organize, I mean: I removed everything, shelf by shelf, wiped down the shelves (which also involved removing the shelves), and then organized and re-placed all of our food-stuffs. It was a lot of work. And when I was done, I commenced to the sweeping and the mopping. We don't have a mop, so I spray water and cleaner on the floor, and then skate around with wash-cloths under my feet. Personally, even though it takes so much effort, I think that the floor looks cleaner than it would if I owned an actual mop.
Of course, I started all of this business about a half-hour before I should have started dinner. Which means dinner was quite late. But the kitchen looks great, so it was kind of worth it.
After dinner we sent the children to get ready for bed. Mr. Boss took care of Z while I started dinner clean up (yep, more cleaning.) I took a break so that we could read scriptures and pray before sending the children to dream-land. I walked into their room and saw Z laying on his pillow. I didn't think anything of it at first, but once I got a good look at him, I realized he was asleep! Even with the lights on, and the noises from the older two! I sure love that little stinker!
Now, when I say organize, I mean: I removed everything, shelf by shelf, wiped down the shelves (which also involved removing the shelves), and then organized and re-placed all of our food-stuffs. It was a lot of work. And when I was done, I commenced to the sweeping and the mopping. We don't have a mop, so I spray water and cleaner on the floor, and then skate around with wash-cloths under my feet. Personally, even though it takes so much effort, I think that the floor looks cleaner than it would if I owned an actual mop.
Of course, I started all of this business about a half-hour before I should have started dinner. Which means dinner was quite late. But the kitchen looks great, so it was kind of worth it.
After dinner we sent the children to get ready for bed. Mr. Boss took care of Z while I started dinner clean up (yep, more cleaning.) I took a break so that we could read scriptures and pray before sending the children to dream-land. I walked into their room and saw Z laying on his pillow. I didn't think anything of it at first, but once I got a good look at him, I realized he was asleep! Even with the lights on, and the noises from the older two! I sure love that little stinker!
You look fantastic!!! Love this post. I can't wait for this journey!! Your blog is adorable. Newest reader!
ReplyDeleteWe are mop twins. Or should I say anti-mop twins?
ReplyDeleteWe are not clean kitchen twins. But we should be. I'll get on that...
32 weeks!! You're SO CLOSE!