I love being pregnant. I really, really do. There are so many wonderful aspects to it. Especially once you get past the icky first few weeks. I highly recommend being pregnant.Some pregnancy fun I've been experiencing: sciatic nerve pain. Ouch. Also, heartburn/reflux. (Papaya enzymes are my life saver!) Continuing fatigue. Continuing constant need to pee. Oh, and I've been getting my first Braxton Hicks contractions! I'm glad they don't hurt.
Other pregnancy fun: Feeling baby wiggle. There was that marvelous first time on Tuesday, plus a little bit while I was in the early stages of getting this post put together. I have to be curled up to feel the wiggles right now, because they are so light. But it is seriously fantastic.
Also, it's just exciting to feel the growth in my abdomen while I'm laying in bed in the morning.
I love talking about Cupcake with the children. C is so funny. He seems really excited about this baby, but he keeps telling me that he doesn't like to hear the baby's "heart beep" when we visit the midwife.
And I'll ask Z yes/no questions about Cupcake. Such as: "Hey, do we have a baby Cupcake?" "Shye-sh!" "Does Cupcake live in my tummy?" "Shye-sh!" "Do you love baby Cupcake?" "Do you want to kiss baby Cupcake?" All answered with his sweet and sure "Shye-sh!" (And I wish I could properly spell they way he says "yes", but it's just one of those things you'd have to hear to really know how it's said. Maybe I should take some video of him.)
Allergy talk:
Remember that picture I posted of my one swollen eye? Yeah, that was nothing. I wish I still looked like that. Now both of my eyes are swollen, slightly pink, and itchy. It is so irritating.
I've been using some homeopathic allergy pills to quiet my symptoms, as well as taking spoonfuls of honey that was produced locally (because I've heard that helps.) But the relief these bring is... kind of pathetic. And they have failed to bring down the swelling in my eyes.
So, Wednesday, being completely fed up with life, I took a real allergy pill. And it was amazing. I am trying to avoid the "real" pills as much as possible, but goodness, that was nice. The swelling was in no way affected, but the itching went away, from my eyes and my throat. Suddenly I was a functioning human being again. Add a little nude eye shadow and some mascara to my top lashes, and I actually looked pretty again! (As opposed to looking like a corpse... which has been my signature look since about Monday afternoon.)
I sure do lead a charming life, don't I?
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥