So, a couple of weeks ago I decided it was high time I started some sort of exercise routine. Basically, I was pretty embarrassed with how winded I got on my walk from the parking lot to the chapel at church. Pathetic.





I made the choice to pull my lazy self out of bed around 5 every morning, so I could start running. It has ended up that I can't pull myself from bed until 5:20, but that has worked out fine. My first day was Friday, the 12th of August. I meant to go the next day, but didn't. Then Sunday came, and I don't believe in working out on Sundays. But I committed myself to getting up Monday morning, and I did it! I ran 6 days last week, and I was out M-W and today for this week. (Plus, I plan to be out tomorrow. The Saturday outings are the best, because I don't have a time limit.)



There is something so peaceful about being out so early in the morning. It is cool and quiet, and even though I'm breathing heavily, and working my body, it's relaxing and energizing. There is something magical about watching the first rays of the new day sun spread their light. I can't really think of a better way to start my day than by being out before most people have woken up, and seeing and experiencing things that few others see.




On Saturday I woke up a little later. I think I was out by about 7, and I went the route I had earlier that week. I was listening to some music to help motivate me, and when I was stretching after returning home a song came on that really energized me. So, I decided to go for a walk. I headed out the door with my 5 lb weights in my hands and headed across the street to the park.
This park is kind of cool, in that it has a stream running through it, and a walkway alongside it that extends past my little park. So I walked that trail. I had given myself a distance limit, and when I reached it I was so surprised. I still had plenty of energy. I was about to keep going, but I checked the time first. It was about 8:15, and I realized the kids would wake up soon, and there would be trouble if I wasn't home by then. So, I hustled back, all the while expecting to get a call or text from the Boss asking where I was, and making sure I wasn't dead in a ditch.
I made it back just as the children were stirring, and the Boss was still oblivious to the world. It was a beautiful morning. (And I very much hope that tomorrow is the same.)

This park is kind of cool, in that it has a stream running through it, and a walkway alongside it that extends past my little park. So I walked that trail. I had given myself a distance limit, and when I reached it I was so surprised. I still had plenty of energy. I was about to keep going, but I checked the time first. It was about 8:15, and I realized the kids would wake up soon, and there would be trouble if I wasn't home by then. So, I hustled back, all the while expecting to get a call or text from the Boss asking where I was, and making sure I wasn't dead in a ditch.
I made it back just as the children were stirring, and the Boss was still oblivious to the world. It was a beautiful morning. (And I very much hope that tomorrow is the same.)
On Wednesday I lengthened my run by quite a bit, and then I went even farther today. I'm not actually sure how far I have been running, though. The blocks here aren't the same size as they are back home. And I haven't downloaded an app that could track that sort of thing on my phone, because they all say they modify & delete sd storage, and that makes me nervous.

Now, I hear that when you work out regularly you experience some extra energy throughout the day. I didn't realize when I started that the energy wouldn't come right away. I have all the energy I need for my morning runs, but I'm pretty useless after about 11 am. When I started asking around I got the answer that it takes about a month to feel more normal. I'm two weeks in, so hopefully I have a little more energy by the end of another 2 weeks.


Also, even though I feel exhausted all day, I feel like my days are running a little smoother with my early morning wake ups. I think it helps that I'm already awake when the children wake up, instead of being woken up by someone screaming or shouting or pounding on the door/wall. I didn't make it out yesterday morning, and the whole day was basically ruined after that. I guess I'm still a morning person, after all!
yay! thats awesome!
ReplyDeleteand i love all your pictures, so pretty! love early morning!
WOW! You should seriously frame some of these pics-- they're beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the exercising thing! Yeah!