And now, without further ado, a condensed re-cap of our drive from Utah to Colorado:
1. On our way!2. They are tired, maybe a little confused, but also excited!
3. Last look at the valley and...
4. Into the canyon we go.
5. Cold...6. Snowy...
7. Awesome rock formations...
8. And they fell asleep. (Yay!)
He sleeps funny.
9. Peek-a-boo!10. Train.
11. Still stormy...
12. Finally a break, and some blue sky!
Hot chocolate, because I was freezing.
13. "Wy-boring" as Mr. Boss refers to it.14. Some historical marker..
15. Continental Divide Road.
(This is where I started my turn driving,
which meant I didn't get a picture when we crossed the actual divide.)
16. Leaving Laramie.
(We stopped for lunch and leg stretching in Laramie,
but I'm awesome and didn't get any pictures of that! Whoops...)
17. Road trips are...fun...?18. Cool rock formations.
19. Tree growing out of a rock.
20. Buford, WY, pop. 1 (no joke.)
Abe Lincoln's head...?
21. We saw so many windmills.22. Getting closer...
23. Cool, grumpy clouds.
24. The storm we missed (thank goodness!)
25. Sorry I gave this picture twice...but I'm too tired to fix it.26. The Rockies!
27. Denver: 83 miles
28. Beautiful.
29. Passed out again.30. But not this guy.
(He started to get pretty grumpy around this point.
Being in a car all day is not easy for a small and very active baby.)
31. Denver: 47 miles
32. Another shot of the Rockies.
33. Blue Skies..34. Hey! Is that the city?!
35. It is the city!
36. Hello, Denver!
Giant seahorse bush..
37. Downtown!38. Hey, C, we're in Colorado!
(He had just woken up, and was quite happy to have made it.)
39. Amusement park in the city.
40. And Bronco Stadium.
So, I thought the Boss was being silly when he found a way to move our things and still drive out in the van with the family (thus limiting the driving I did.) But it turns out that I'm really glad he was there with me. I only drove a for a short time and it was scary! Wyoming is so windy, and I was pretty much white knuckled until I stopped the car at a park in Laramie.
It took us about 10 hours to get here, but we made it safe and sound. I have been busy, busy trying to get things put away, but I figured it was about time to start catching up on my posting, and to share some of the adventures we've had since we got here, so look forward to those!
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥