27 April 2011

Easter.

I never should've said it. Never should have thought that we were on the mend. Since I wrote about that, Z developed a fever and now E has quite the temperature. I am pretty much convinced that this will never end...

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes. Easter.
So, Easter was low-key at our house. I've never done baskets for the kids, but in years previous the kids have gotten baskets from my mom, and we've gone to a friends place for an egg hunt. But mom lives in another state now, and we decided we could do without the egg hunt (even if I do love eating all that candy...)
There was one thing that I couldn't not do: I "had" to get the kids new Easter outfits. Not that they really need more clothing, but I just love having a reason to match my boys and put E in a fancy new dress.
Now, without further ado, my good-looking babes:

As soon as I mentioned that I wanted to take a picture, this stud leaned himself up against the fireplace, crossed his legs at the ankle and posed for me! I might be in trouble here.

And here is my princess. Doesn't she look lovely?!

Silly girl...

And here's the pretty hair. I don't feel like going into details about it, though. I will say, it looked so pretty with the ribbon and flower clips (which I threw together in about 5 minutes. Thank you pre-made flowers and handy-dandy glue gun.) You like?

And then, and then...

My porcupine. He was so handsome. I don't even know what to say about my little buddy. All I can think of is....oh, he is too cute for his own good!

He fell asleep with his teddy on the way home from church. Oh, be still my heart. I wish these precious moments could last forever.


And that is it. Some might call our Easter boring and, in fact, there is a woman who Mr. Boss works with who thinks we're terrible parents because we didn't do baskets or egg hunts.... It makes me laugh. But I really like keeping it simple. For me, it makes it easier to explain why we celebrate. And "easy" is my favorite word.

1 comment:

You are awesome! ♥