26 April 2011

10 months, 2.5 years

I set out to write this post this morning. But my phone is soooo slow and I could not keep my eyes open! (I can't wait until I have a computer. Posting will be so much quicker and easier then!)

Anyway, a pretty important day recently passed. The 15th was Z's tenth month-day!
He is growing into such a handsome thing. And he is so close to leaving the baby stage for the toddler stage. He crawls like a maniac, blazing trails left and right, and then stands himself up to anything. The couch, the stoop, the baby gate, chairs, my leg, the wall. And if he sees something he wants he shuffles his feet to get closer (or he does it the quick way: dropping to his knees, crawling over, pulling up. He's no dummy!)
He is this sweet little man, totally a mama's boy. He's always cuddling into me, and he's been giving kisses (adorable!). He gets so excited when I smile at him. All I have to do is get his attention, flash him a great big smile and he lights up and squeals with joy.
He loves his papa, too. When Mr. Boss gets home Z starts looking around and, if he's on the floor, will crawl to the gate, excitedly repeating "Dada! Dada!"
He's got us all swooning.
His 6th tooth has arrived, and I'm of the opinion that #7 and #8 are working their way out. He claps, and is so pleased with his new skill. And he's started, on occasion, attempting to sign "more". It really looks like a clap, but it's just a little different, and when I ask him if he wants more he gets excited, like, "Holy cow! She knows what I'm saying!"
He really loves to cuddle his teddy bear when he gets into bed. The older two loved their pacifiers and cuddly blankets, but Z loves his teddy. As soon as you pass it to him, he wraps his left arm around it and jams his thumb in his mouth.
He's a funny kid, always snorting and grunting and screwing up his face and, if I copy him, he gets excited and does it more. He is so pleasant, happy, ticklish and a big sweetheart. He's got me wrapped around his chubby little finger.

The 15th was also a special day for E. She is now 2 1/2! It's hard to believe that, when we moved into this house, she wasn't even 1 yet, and now she's less than 6 months from her 3rd birthday!
Yesterday I was reading a church magazine that had a few pictures of temples on the cover. She was looking at it and, all of the sudden, she began to sing, in her cute, cartoon-y voice:
I love to see the temple
I'm going there someday
To feel the holy Spirit
To listen and to pray
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty
I'll prepare myself while I am young
This is my sacred duty...
...I'll prepare myself while I am young
This is my sacred duty.

All on her own, word for word, and I almost died when she repeated the last two lines. She is a smart, funny girl. And so very animated. She has got some of the best faces, and you would not believe just how big her massive blue eyes can get! She keeps us laughing, for sure. And she does well at keeping daddy under her spell, constantly reducing him to putty in her hands.
Mr. Boss has said he doesn't want/doesn't think we'll have anymore girls. I think he says that because he knows he can't take it. Which just has me hoping we have at least one more. (Hey, if I'm shooting for 10 babies, chances are decent that I'll get another girl, right?)
E likes to be pretty and loves to have her hair done. But when I try to sit her down for a new style, she runs away from me. Once I catch her, though, she's very good about holding still.
Last Friday I tried a couple of new hairstyles, I was trying to find a pretty one for Easter. She is modeling this 'do in these pictures. After some modification, it ended up being the 'do we went with. I'll share those pictures in my Easter post, which will, hopefully, come tomorrow.

Anyway, I thought we were on the mend, but now Z has a fever all over again. (He's the one who got the fever first, so it's sad to see him suffering again.) I'm hoping that, by tomorrow, he'll be feeling a little better.
Seriously, if we could take a little break from the sickies? That would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥