06 April 2011

spring cleaning.

I have discovered...
that April snow doesn't bother me so much...
because I know, in the end...
spring will prevail!
April 3, 2011

I realized something today. I realized that I haven't posted on my photo blog in nearly 2 months, and that isn't even counting the entire moth of January that I missed when I took my month-long break from internet (which was not as hard as you'd think, by the way.)
I've even stopped trying to take pictures everyday. I began to forget a day here and a day there, bit by bit it became less important. I just don't have time to update multiple blogs. So, I'm cutting the apron strings. Happy Day Images is no more. If I do take a pretty picture that desperatley needs to be shared, I will post it here, under the tag "happy day".
I've got the spring-cleaning itch. I'm closing a blog, I donated a ton of stuff to DI yesterday (including my Christmas tree that I've had for 5 years! That is a big deal people!) I want to empty my home, declutter like I've never done before. (Seriously, I have a ton of junk, it's kind of, really sad.) I need this place empty, clean, manageable. Especially since I have to pack it all up...but that's something I'll save for another post.

**Do you have an easy time, or is it difficult for you (like me), to throw things out? Do you have any tips for someone, prone to hoarding, who desires to become more of a minimalist?

4 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Chocolate on the Cranium (darn! I already posted today so I didn't get to do her Wordfull Wednesdays thing).

    Your pics are beautiful -- what a talent! They really do speak of the coming of Spring (in Utah, I'm guessing from DI reference?).

    I'm horrendous at minimizing -- and I *literally* just realized why! I worry too much -- what if I need this again? it would be wrong to throw something away that I bought! Hmmm ... I've just started a blog to force myself to step outside my fears to do what I really want, and what I really want is a uncluttered house, then I'm actually preventing that with worrying. Hmmmm ....sorry for the brain dump, but I love writing because it helps me to think through things! And, unfortunately for you, I did that thinking in your comments :)

    ANYWAY, FlyLady has some great stuff for decluttering and routines and stuff ...

    Good luck! and keep taking pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go in phases - sometimes it's easy to just go through everything and throw things out. Other times it is harder. Right now I'm in a "just get rid of it" phase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pictures you shared. I decided to spring clean starting with the easiest rooms first. I no longer have the desire to spring clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I moved...wonderful for de-junking your life! LOL I chucked much when I packed, and even more when we unpacked. Amazing.

    Your spring looks much like ours, minus the flowers...we are not quite there yet.

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥