-I love the way you move. Not quite crawling, not quite scooting. It's this great caterpillar/walrus/slithering movement, but you have finally figured out how to propel yourself forward. Your eyes lit up so brightly the first time you realized what you had done, and the excitement hasn't faded as, each day, you get a little bit better at moving your little self to where you want to go.
-I love the way you try to eat everything and anything that you get your hands on. So many of our books have been slimed and chomped on, all by you. Sometimes I wonder if you are part puppy. This need to chew is something that has been unique to you. And it is adorable...until you get something into your mouth and I have to fish around your piranha teeth to get it out of your mouth before you choke.
-I love the way you say "da-da-da-da-da", and how excited you get to see your Dad , whether in person or in a picture. This morning you stared and grinned at a picture of him on my phone, all the while whispering "da-da-da-da".
-I love it when you say "ma-ma-ma-ma", even though you only do it when you're upset. I know it's because you have learned that Mama is the one to go to for a cuddle (and, of course, a snack.)
-I love your four, sharp, little teeth. They are about the cutest thing. Every time you smile you show off your teeth and tongue. (I think you got that from me...)
-I love the way you lunge at me, and curl your whole body towards me, when I just can't feed you fast enough.
-I love it when you fall asleep in my arms, even when you soak my shirt from your sweat and drool.
-I love the way you laugh and smile for your silly brother and sister.
-I love that you are a Mama's boy, and that I'm the one you "reach" for/lunge towards.
-I love your bright blue eyes and you blondish hair.
-I love your chubby cheeks and squishy thighs.
-I love the way you're starting to kiss, by holding perfectly still with your lips slightly parted, as I (or someone else) move in for a quick little peck. And, while on the subject of kisses..:
-I love your perfect little lips. I could smooch you all day.
-I love how excited you get for Baby Signing Time, and the way you turn and smile knowingly when I start to sing one of the songs from your show.
-I love the way you wave your arms and smack your legs/tray/whatever is in front of you when you get excited.
-I love the way you babble and "talk".
-I love your grumpy face, and the way you scrunch your eyes and nose when you fake cry. Your little whine is so cute, I can't help but grab you and hold you close.
-I love how you're slimming down as you get taller and your weight is distributed more evenly. You've still kept your roly-poly thighs and your bull-dog cheeks, giving the appearance of a chubsykins without breaking my back. (Except you still kind of break my back....)
-I love how much joy and light your presence has brought into our home and into our family. Each time I have become pregnant I always try to imagine what the new baby will be like. Then baby arrives and it's always better than I could have imagined. I never could have thought up you or your perfect wonderfulness. My imaginations could never do justice to the great joy and blessing that you are.


You write the most beautiful things.
ReplyDelete