feeding ducks: a photo essay
What do you do when you have old bread? You don't throw it out. Nope, you take it to feed the ducks at the park.
At least, that's what we did.
Apparently, Conrad found the water to be quite interesting.
Hello, geese! Hello, ducks!
Before: Conrad waiting for a goose to take the bread from his hand.
After: he was pretty excited that the goose took the bread.
After watching big brother do it, Ellie wanted to try too.
So, daddy broke her off a piece of bread
and she held it out for a bit.
This is just before she chickened out and dropped it.
Ellie loved watching the ducks and geese swimming near us.
On our way back to the car we spotted a bird's nest.
The kids thought it was pretty neat, and I thought so too.
That was fun, but golly, being in the heat for even a short time almost killed me. But I think the fact that I completely forgot to eat lunch today had something to do with my wimpiness. I'll have to try not to make that mistake again.
these pictures are so cute! and a reminder that i need to take my kids to do this. your kiddos are so dang cute! love ya mama.
ReplyDelete