I want to have control over myself.
I want to learn to be calm, and not raise my voice at my precious children.
I want to teach my children to be good, kind, caring, loving, giving, selfless, charitable.
I want my children to be dreamers, to think: anything is possible.
I want my kids to be creative.
I want to laugh with my kids everyday.
I don't want them to ever doubt that I love them.
I want to keep a clean, organized home, so our home will feel calm and peaceful.
Sometimes I don't think I am a good enough mother.
Sometimes I shout.
Sometimes (usually) I am lazy, and don't keep the house clean like I should.
Sometimes I get frustrated.
Sometimes I don't pay attention, or engage like I should.
My kids know I love them.
I tell them every day.
I hug them. (A million times.)
I kiss them. (A million times.)
They know I love them, and that is the most important thing.
But I don't think I am doing my best.
I'm not quite sure how.
But I am trying.
I am learning.
For them.
crissy, you are an amazing mother! i see the way you blog about your children, and i can only hope someday that i will be half as good of a mother as you are! you are an inspriration to me! seriously!
ReplyDeletep.s. i really don't think i am pregnant.. ha..my boobs fluctuate A LOT, but i guess anything is possible!
I think all mothers feel they can always do better! So dont worry!! I have those days too!!
ReplyDeleteyou are trying and that in itself makes you a good mother. i see so many parents that just put in the bare minimum. you seem like a wonderful mommy, but i think it's great that you're aware enough of yourself to be constantly trying to be an even better mom to your kids. the world needs more mommas like you!
ReplyDeleteYou are creating and sustaining life! It's the most important thing you could be doing and you're doing it. Your family is blessed to have you.
ReplyDelete