18 November 2009

cupcakes

There's this common ailment in pregnancy, one where you find yourself racing to the bathroom all the time. No, not morning sickness. The need to pee. (Sorry for the potty-language.) I frequent the porcelain throne like nobodies business. (TMI?)
The real problem is this: to use the restroom means to momentarily leave the babes unattended.
The problem there is that, when unsupervised, very bad things can happen.
For example:
I leave the room for two minutes and this is what I find on my return. When I left they were happily watching the garbage truck taking care of the neighborhood trash, but it passed quickly and they needed something new to occupy their attentions.
Conrad, being the ring leader (and the taller of the two,) reached up to grab the tray full of cupcakes. And Ellie, (being the chunky one,) grabbed two. One for each hand, of course.
I was so shocked when I first encountered the scene, but the initial shock quickly turned to laughter as I watched Ellie tear into her cakes. Thank goodness my camera was right there (as always) to capture the hilarity of the crumby scene.
And anyway, it was my own fault for not putting the gate up.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds about right!! We need to get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥