Homework 2.1
I'm not the hard-working sort. Procrastination is the game and I'll start playing later.
In high school I would wait until the very last minute to complete large projects and assignments. Not to brag, but one time I turned in a writing assignment late and instead of being marked down for it my teacher gave me full points, plus extra credit.
But like I said, I'm not bragging. That's a cold, hard fact. I'm not that kind of person, just a procrastinator. And a really good one at that.
Even right now, I've got myself a sink overflowing with dirty dishes, and this is definitely not their first day sitting in there. My kids are in bed. You would think I might seize this opportunity for some productivity, instead I am here on my comfy chair, eating some popcorn, playing on my fancy-shmancy telephone (that's how I update this here blog, you know.)
I do work out of necessity. Say, for the sake of a passing grade. Or when I need a pan (or a spoon) I'll do some dishes. As for the rest of the time I like to relax, pursue my own interests, read a book, stroll around the information highway, and so on and so forth.
I'm a people-pleaser, people. But before that I'm I self-pleaser.
You've heard that saying "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy," right? Well then, you understand why a little (OK, a lot) of procrastination is necessary. I'm just thinking about the welfare of my family, and anyone who should be lucky enough to come into contact with me.
But, what was I getting at? Oh, yes. Today's homework. I hope you'll understand that I just can't get to it now.
I've got a bag of popcorn here, with my name all over it.
That's right, folks. My name is Orville Redenbacher.
Now shoo!
Clever post, Orville!
ReplyDeleteI am also a procrastinator BUT... I have to have a spottless house at basically ALL times or Ill go nuts!
ReplyDeleteHope u enjoyed the pop corn ;)