10 July 2009

breakfast

This morning I rediscovered breakfast. As someone who has gotten used to waking up between 10:30-11:00 am I have also gotten used to skipping the first meal of the day, replacing it with an early lunch. But this morning I woke up surprisingly early (6:20). Mr. Boss needed to be waking up then also, so I decided to help him along.
I don't think there are many ways to wake up that are better than waking to the scent of breakfast being prepared. It smells great to the chef as well, and I found myself craving a wholesome egg-y breakfast.
For Mr. Boss I make it pretty plain--2 eggs over-easy seasoned with salt and pepper, and two pieces of buttered toast.
I like mine a little more dressed up. Having a smaller appetite than my spouse I only make myself 1 egg over-easy, seasoned with a dash of salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Two pieces of plain buttered toast, and a couple of extras ready--a slice each of a fresh tomato and fresh mozzarella--sandwiched together. It is divine.
After such a delightsome meal I realized this is something I need to be doing often.
I suppose while I'm at it I could be making a regular, wholesome breakfast for my betrothed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥