I learned to knit when I was a teenager. I definitely enjoyed having yet another way of expressing my creativity, and it was fun to see the surprise and wonder on people's faces when they saw me doing something that was more frequently associate with much older women.
When I started, my skills were understandably limited, for several years I only made scarves of varying lengths. It wasn't until after I had children that I started attempting larger/more complicated projects, like blankets and hats. At one point, I borrowed some knitting videos from the library, which is how I learned how to purl, rib, & cable.
It was after my current youngest was born that I started trying to do even more. Since she was born I've knit a sweater, a tunic, learned how to knit lace patterns, and have made countless baby bonnets.
It's the bonnets that I've really put my focus into. I mean, is there anything cuter than a sweet babe in a knit bonnet? I've created quite a few of my own designs, as well as figuring out how to make some based on pictures I'd seen online, and then adding my own flair to them.
Last fall, I dreamed up some adorable Christmas bonnets and decided to open an etsy shop, that I named "Sonder & Whimsy, " to sell them. I got a few sales last year, and a few early on in the spring, then came the summer lull. But, even though I wasn't knitting as much, I was still brainstorming and planning. And finally, last Friday, I listed just a small helping of what I've been creating. These are more Halloween themed, and I wanted to get them up weeks ago, but better late than never, right?
I've got some more autumn designs and colors, as well as some new Christmas bonnets I've been thinking up... We'll see how much I can actually accomplish with this newest babe due in about a month, ha. Honestly though, this new little one has helped light a fire under me. I've come up with some new patterns and have been knitting up a storm testing them out.
For now, a quick share of my newest listings. Aren't they darling and perfect for this time of year?






No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥