14 October 2017

birthday recap pt. 2

July is extra busy because there are actually 2 July birthdays. C is at the beginning of the month, and N is later. This year, he turned 3 and, because he has been obsessed with Magic School Bus (thank you, Netflix!), he really wanted a Magic School Bus cake. Thankfully, it was good enough to just make a cake look like a bus, and not like the actual bus from the show. Even now, months later, he still talks about his Magic School Bus birthday, so obviously, I did a good job. 

We get a break in August. Sort of. Because we have our anniversary in August, but nobody's birthday. But before I knew it, September had arrived and we were celebrating S turning 5. 

His birthday was pretty exciting because it happened to coincide with some very special visitors. My grandparents were able to visit from Costa Rica, and while they weren't able to make it to his party, it did mean that we had family come up from California, and they were able to party with us.

S wanted a lightsaber birthday, and I'm all about complying with birthday requests. We went with cupcakes, instead of a bigger cake. Not my favorite, because I felt like it looked sloppy, but to my boy, it was perfect, so hooray!

I super love having friends and family over to help celebrate all the bossling birthdays, it was hard to be away from siblings and parents as my children reached milestones and never stopped growing, no matter how nicely I asked. So having all these gatherings with friends and family has been by far one of my greatest joys since moving back to Utah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥