![]() |
| 5th grade, 3rd grade, 2nd grade |
Monday, August 21st was the big day, ready or not. Not for me, I was feeling pretty frazzled and unprepared. Even though I knew it was coming, it felt like the first day totally snuck up on me. Our final weekend before school started was pretty busy as I scrambled to make sure we knew where classrooms were, that backpacks were ready, that there were clean clothes to wear and outfits picked out. But we made it! Phew!
The bosslings were a mix of nerves and excitement to start at their new school. They definitely miss their school, teachers, and friends back in Flagstaff, but they were also excited to have a chance to make some new friends.
C is in 5th grade now. Which is weird. But a little less weird since it's not his last year in elementary like it would be in Flag. He's enjoying his new school, but he also really misses his old school.
E is in 3rd grade. She insisted on doing her own hair for the first day, a low ponytail. Where did my baby go? She's already made some friends and is enjoying the different ways her new school does things, like breakfast and lunch. #itsthelittlethings
Z is in 2nd grade. It's crazy that this sweet boy is already in 2nd. I have several vivid memories from 2nd grade, and it is totally blowing my mind that my third child is in 2nd!!
S has started and online, at-home pre-k course. He is loving it so far and has already learned so much in the week and a half he's been doing it.
N thinks that he does computer school, like his big brother. He doesn't, but he'll get to next year.
Quick throw-back:
Here are the bossling's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd first days of school. These five babies of mine have grown so much! Little N was barely a year old in the first pic, now he's a wild and rowdy 3-year-old chatterbox!
Once baby H woke up, we were able to get a first-day shot with all six!
Walking to the bus stop and waiting for it to arrive. Can I just say that I am so happy that the kids will still be riding a bus to school! Hooray for avoiding the dreaded school pick-up line!
Poor N, he was so upset when the bus pulled away without him on it. The shot of the bus driving away around the corner was taken at such a low angle because I shot it while I was squatting down to give him a hug. 😔💔
After that, we hurried home, loaded the little 3 in the van and drove to meet the kiddos at school. We've done this every year that they've been in school and maybe it's cheesy, but I love it. Plus, it gives me peace of mind to make sure they get where they need to be.
They got to play for a bit, and I talked them into one more group photo against a wall of the school before the bell rang.
The teachers come out to the playgrounds to collect the children to take to class. We got C and Z to their teachers, but E's had already gone inside, so I walked her and another girl from her class to their room. And that was that. Summer's over.



















No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥