30 June 2016

28 weeks

I hit 28 weeks on Sunday, and am feeling like this pregnancy is really flying by fast. I mean, every day feels like an eternity right now, not so much pregnancy-wise, but because life is kind of hard when you're stuck home every day with a bunch of stir-crazy kids. It makes for very long, frustrating, overwhelming days. But then I think about how I'm already nearly 30 weeks, and I'm blown away. 

Our little Marshmallow lady (Marshmallow being the nickname she was given by her siblings, specifically by S, for her time in my belly) has been extremely active the past couple of days. It took so long before I was even sure I'd felt her moving, and now she's all over the place. It may be my sixth time doing this, but watching and feeling as my stomach bounces and sways never gets old. It's amazing. 

I continue to feel pretty good, physically. I get tired pretty easily, and I deal with heartburn pretty regularly, but for the most part I don't have any complaints. I'm sleeping well, and actually waking up pretty early most days (6 on Tuesday, and 6:30 yesterday and today) which is always such a surprise, because of how hard a time I had waking up before 9 or 10 during my first 4 pregnancies. I haven't had any Charlie horse cramps like I experienced pretty regularly in previous pregnancies (but I'm not done yet, so that could change). 

I do get a bit of anxiety when I start thinking about how quickly the birth is coming up. Which seems silly, considering I've done this a few times, but my 4th delivery was pretty intense, so much so that I had a pretty severe panic attack a few days before my 5th was born, and I think I'm still working through the trauma of those two experiences. I've been trying some things to help my anxiety not be so strong. I keep trying to focus on just being where I am now, to enjoy the sensations of my baby dancing and squirming around and the opportunities I get to hear her beautiful, strong heartbeat at my appointments. I know that when the big day comes I'll be fine. I just need to not get carried away in my thoughts now, and do what I can to prepare myself for what must come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥