I knit a blanket a few months before my last baby was born. It's a beautiful, grey blanket with a basket-weave design, and a strip of mustard yellow with a pinwheel design. As soon as I'd finished it, I was quick to jump right back into making another blanket. This time I wanted the whole thing to have that pinwheel design.
I had it all planned out, based on how long it took me to finish the grey blanket, I foresaw myself being able to complete the second just in time for my baby to arrive. But I set it down. I got distracted with prepping for baby, and by life in general. Every now and then I'd pick it up again and add a few more rows. And at one point I may or may not have spilled some cranberry juice all over it... Ugh, it was an adventure.
Over the past few months I found a renewed enthusiasm to finish it. I tried to work on it regularly, and would end up leaving it all over the house, wherever I'd been working on it last. Finally, over the weekend, I finished it! As soon as it was done I took it straight to the laundry room, sprayed it with copious amounts of spray'n'wash and tossed it in the washer. I was a bit nervous as I pulled it out of the washer to inspect, and, to my delight, it was stain free! I tossed it in the dryer and the next morning the kids found it and oohed and awed over it. That felt nice.
After all that knitting, and my project finally complete, all I can think of is what to knit next!
And now some pictures of my baby boy playing peek-a-boo with his toes and the blanket.


No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥