When I decided to start blogging again, I didn't intend to let so much time pass between posts, I also decided that I didn't want to feel pressure to follow any sort of posting schedule. So, I'll post when I can and I'm trying really hard to be nice to myself when a couple of months pass between posts... oops.
Anyway, we've been having a really mild winter. We've had sunny days with highs in the 70's, as well as snowy days. It has been really delightful, and I've enjoyed the days when I can keep the windows wide open. It makes me really excited for spring (minus stupid allergies, definitely not looking forward to those.)
Despite the warmer days, we still weren't getting out much. It is just really hard to get out with 5 young kids. But a week ago, as I walked some trash out to the dumpster, I felt energized. It was a chillier day, but something about that 45 degree air was invigorating to me. I walked back inside and told the kids to get their shoes and jackets on, that we were going on walk.
After some drama, and more minutes than I wanted had passed, we made it out the door. Baby on my chest, and the rest able to run around and burn off their pent up energy. It was so good for all of us. We ended up at a nearby playground for a bit, until a couple of the boys started fighting over a piece of playground equipment that ended with a bloody lip. We'd brought nothing with us but my camera, phone, and keys, so the blood ended our outing. But it was fun while it lasted. Always an adventure.
And, since he was asleep on my chest the whole time, I had a little photo shoot with my tiniest stud muffin after the bloody lip was cleaned up.
And, since he was asleep on my chest the whole time, I had a little photo shoot with my tiniest stud muffin after the bloody lip was cleaned up.









No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥