04 November 2014

the pumpkin patch.

A couple of weeks ago, we paid a visit to a pumpkin patch at Rock Creek Farm. It was a gorgeous, warm and sunny day, not a cloud in the sky. We grabbed lunch on the way and had a quick, haphazard picnic, before beginning our search for the perfect pumpkins.
E found a small green pumpkin and decided it was the baby of two larger pumpkins, she's posing with the little pumpkin family above. (I just wish I could remember what she named them, because it was awesome.)
pretending to be a fashion blogger... :P
Whoa. I have five kids. 



The patches were huge and filled with bright orange pumpkins, it didn't take long for everyone to make their pick.
After loading our pumpkins into the van, and getting some family photos, we headed up to the front of the farm where we got to see cows, goats, pigs, donkeys, and a pony. Plus, the kids got to climb all over a big tractor, so it was pretty much the greatest.

I asked the three big kids some questions about our outing:

Mom: What did you think of our visit to the pumpkin patch?
C: It was a lot of fun. I love my big pumpkin. It was very heavy. 
Mom: Can you tell me more about it?
C: I could see a lot of pumpkins. 
Mom: What was you favorite part about our day?
C: Getting a pumpkin, and getting pictures on my pumpkin. And I liked putting my head through the hole on the plate, that the monster cut off my head and was gonna eat my head.

Mom: E, what was your favorite part about our visit to Rock Creek Farm?
E: Making uh, um, making a family of pumpkins.
Mom: What did you name them?
E: Mmmhh, I can't remember!
Mom: What else can you tell me about that day?
E: I liked it when I put my head in the hole, that scarecrow hole, and also that other hole on the plate with the monster gonna eat me. 
Mom: What is something that you saw that day that you thought was super cool?
E: Lots of pumpkins.

Mom: What do you remember about out trip to the pumpkin patch?
Z: Uhhh, driving in the Van Halen.
Mom: What is the Van Halen?
Z: Uhhh, the Van Halen is blue, it's a car, a van. [It's the name of our van.]
Mom: What was your favorite part about that day?
Z: Uhhh, getting pumpkins.
Mom: Anything else?
Z: Uhhh, no.

I love going on adventures with this crew. It can get pretty crazy, trying to keep track of everyone, but watching them run around excitedly makes the crazy worth it. Visiting a pumpkin patch is definitely a tradition I want to keep around. 

1 comment:

  1. Please keep interviewing your kids. Because they are hilarious. And adorable.

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥