27 August 2013

scatter-brained

So, I've been a great big slacker as of late. I've wanted to blog, I have something important that I've been planning to write about for a few weeks, now. But the days keep slipping by and nothing is getting done.

I was thinking, why is it that I can't seem to update like I used to? Part of it is, I think, a lack of motivation. Part, that I don't have as much time. Although, that is misleading. I'm frequently online, but it's usually while I'm holding/nursing Mr. Mama's Boy, Cupcake. And it's not very pleasant or easy to type with his weight on my arms. Another reason, I realized, why I can't seem to devote enough brain-power in a day to generate a post of some sort is the fact that nap time at my house is, for the most part, non-existent.

C and E were both great nappers. They were so good, when I said it was nap time, they would grab their pacifiers, climb into their beds, and sleep for hours. Oh, it was glorious. Z was a great sleeper, too. After he was born, I had about 5 minutes (harsh exaggeration) of bliss when three children would nap peacefully at the same time.... But I decided to wean C from his pacifier, and after that he didn't nap anymore. A few months later, I weaned E. Because, apparently, I was crazy. She stopped taking regular naps after that, too.

Z is a special case, because he is a thumb-sucker. I can't exactly wean him from his soother, so he continued to be a great napper. Right up until a few months ago. Quite suddenly, it seemed, he decided naps were beneath him, and they became an irregular thing. On top of that, I have a baby who won't take a pacifier, finger, or thumb. A baby who refuses to nap unless he is in constant physical contact with his mother.

It's made it difficult to get much done. Some days I'll strap S to my back, and he falls asleep there, leaving my hands free to accomplish tasks that are otherwise neglected. Those tasks are usually dishes, or some other cleaning task around the house. Sometimes I will simply veg out, mindlessly browsing the internet for something entertaining. (In those cases, I do consider blogging, but the motivation isn't really there. Sigh)

But, tonight I am sucking it up and posting. Everyone is in bed, and I really should be, too. But this is important too. Well, maybe not this post so much. But the one that will follow (hopefully sooner than later) is important. There is an announcement that I want to make on this blog. It's likely that everyone who reads this blog already knows about the news I plan to share, but I'm going to put it out anyway. So look for that. (Seriously, though, I really hope I get that post up by the end of the week, and if I haven't posted again by Saturday, you are welcome to heckle me.)

Until then, enjoy this: S stood himself up for the first time today!

He was pretty proud of himself, and rightfully so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥