It's been nearly a month since my third child, the spastic blonde one, turned three. How did this happen? All I did was blink. And this one...he is a tank. He's as tall as and has the same size of feet as his sister. She's nearly 2 years older, but you wouldn't know that by looking at them. Sheesh!
Anyway, he got special "3" pancakes on his birthday. Dyed red because the pancakes have to be some color ever since the kids realized that I could do that.
Anyway, he got special "3" pancakes on his birthday. Dyed red because the pancakes have to be some color ever since the kids realized that I could do that.
Glory, that kid was thrilled. He is so fun and loudly enthusiastic about life. We borrowed some Word World from the library. One day while watching, he came to me, got right up in my face and practically shouted at me: "Mama! Dey're gonna buildda word! Wiff wedders!" So. Excited. He's ridiculous, and I love him.
Oh, and earlier this month...I became the mother of a six-year-old. I am completely blown away. How on earth do I have a six-year-old? And why the heck won't these kids listen to me when I tell them to stop growing? C says it's because he has to grow. In fact, he quoted and episode of Word World to make his point.
.jpg)
Me: Why won't you stay little?
C: Um.. 'Cause kids can't stay little for very long.
Me: Why not?
C: 'Cause they're growing! Remember what... Remember what I heard in Word World?
"Whales can't stay little for very long."
Me: What about kids?
C: Kids can't stay little for very long!
Me: Why?!
C: 'Cause! I gave you my answer already!
Trouble with a capital T. Anyway, for C's birthday we had a little party. We pulled out the grill and set up his swimming pool that my mom sent for his 4th birthday. We invited a few families, but it was last minute that we decided to do a party, so most who were invited weren't able to come. But we still had fun with everyone who could come.
Of course, I was dumb, and didn't get any pictures of the kids playing in the pool because I was "too busy baking..." Dumb. I've learned my lesson. I think.
Of course, I was dumb, and didn't get any pictures of the kids playing in the pool because I was "too busy baking..." Dumb. I've learned my lesson. I think.
There was a church party on Z's birthday, so we didn't have cake that day, and then I just kept putting it off and putting it off. So, since their birthdays are only about 3 weeks apart, we decided that this was actually a joint party for the two boys, so they both got to blow out candles on top of their very own cupcakes on the same day.
And, lastly, because C's birthday is right after Independence day, we had a tiny firework show before sending our guests home for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥