15 March 2013

six months


Last Saturday was little man's half birthday. S is my sunshine baby. He wakes up and first thing he does in gives me a big gummy grin. He lights up when any of his siblings talk to him. He lights up when I sing and dance for him. He lights up when Mr. Boss arrives home from school. He is, and always has been, a very social boy. He's pretty content as long as he has someone paying attention to him. He can play by himself for a bit, but he doesn't like to be alone. I don't mind that he prefers to be held. It makes it a bit difficult to get things done around the house, but he's just so cute, and he likes to cuddle. I can't resist snuggling with him.

More about my 6-month-old baby bear:
Solid 16 lbs, 27.75 inches.
Forever fascinated by his hands, they're seriously his favorite toy. He watches them as he waves them, opens and closes them, he chews on his fingers and waggles his hand over his lips.
Super bouncy, whether in his jumparoo or not, he kicks his legs. It's a touch frustrating when he starts doing it while I'm trying to feed him.
Is becoming distractable, which is also frustrating when I'm trying to feed him. But it's helpful when he's upset, distract him and he forgets why he was crying.
Has really taken to the rattle, in a way that none of our other babies ever did.
Has spent a couple of nights in his own bed, where he slept from about 10-5. (I, on the other couldn't rest properly without him. Which is why he has only done it a couple of times.)
Is teething. I can feel that his bottom gums are swollen. I was thinking he might have a tooth by now, but I'm glad to be wrong. I'm not ready to say goodbye to the gummy grin.
Loves the sound of his own voice, screeching, squealing. He especially likes when I pat my fingers on his mouth while he shouts.

Now for a million pictures. I told you, I'm obsessed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh he is way to cute!! & he looks so much like Ellie in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥