the hero of the day.
There was a spider in my house today. Blegh. Just knowing it was there made me uneasy. But what could I do? It was on the ceiling, and I'm not very tall. C suggested the step-ladder. He's smart.
I got the ladder, climbed up, and found myself face to face with a creepy-crawly spidey. It sent shivers down my spine.
I stood there on the ladder, paralyzed by the heebie-jeebies, while my children laughed at my expense. It was all fun and games. Until Mr. Spider detached from the ceiling and came flying at me.
Then the dramatized squirming became a real-live shriek. Eek!
Mr. Spider fell on the floor and proceeded to play hide-and-seek inside a stray piece of clothing. But don't you worry, I caught the little sneak. Caught him with my shoe.
C grabbed a tissue and retrieved our crumpled friend from the floor, and then sent him to a watery grave. He returned, exclaiming that he was the hero.
Then, for the rest of the day, the children pretended to be giant spiders, and teased me mercilessly.
the end.
photo challenge day 13:
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥